Tuesday 30 August 2011

The thought process...

Well,
To start off lets say that this is a first time attempt by an ordinary guy who wanted to share with the world, his experiences on going to foreign land, a place he hated to be in or so to say, a place where he eventually had to go to save his life.

It was not very long ago. Maybe a few years back. I had this mis-conception  about people moving out to the gulf. It was not that i hated the place but the mere fact that every second mallu from Kerala was in the gulf pissed me off ( I too am a mallu by the way). The movies portrayed these people as being filthy rich and wearing those dangling necklaces while they returned home on vacation. The truth behind that glamour and show was seldom shown.

I graduated from college, picked up a job in India and was quite content with the state of affairs. My bank account would be full during the pay day and would drain down a few hundreds at the end of every passing month. Not a single penny put towards savings. I didn't really see the necessity to save up. It was when i saw my friends buy houses and pricey cars and settle down for marriage that i began to realize how far behind i already was.

I also began to realize that a mere bachelors degree had no value in today's modern and fast paced life and that a masters degree was the need of the hour. Not to mention that almost every guy i knew had either already got a masters or was in the process of getting one.

This was when the tube light over my head suddenly began to glow and ideas to catch up with the world started to pour in. I had plans, that if implemented in the right manner, could take me places. But being the person i was, none of those wonderful plans ever came into existence.

(watch out for the continuation on my journey from India to the Gulf)

1 comment:

  1. well written for a beginner :) cheers continue writing!

    ReplyDelete