Thursday 7 August 2014

From Rags to Riches and back to Square One!

My last post on this platform was about a year and a half ago. I must say, there have been some enormous changes in my life since then and now.

Back then, I had a decent job, a nice little apartment, a few but good and genuine friends and a life that I felt was worth living.

Just a few month down the line, life took a turn for the worse. It was not how the events unfolded but the timing was what flabbergasted me.

It was early September when I lost my job. Being in the UAE, I knew for a fact that getting another good opening was going to be difficult but I thought I'd try anyways.

Just after the loss of job, my apartment was contract was up for renewal. I knew I couldn't afford to pay rent for a few months and hence had to let go off my roof.

My friends, who were also my roommates, moved out one by one to begin a new life, the life of marriage.

I suddenly found myself broke, homeless and completely lonely.

It took me a good three months of sulking, hunting for a job and indulging to kill my misery, that I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

I took up the not so rewarding job, but was happy to know that things were finally falling into place. I continued to stay with my brother, the only difference being that I was now an active contributor to the rent and other household expenses.

It was literally a dream come true when I cracked my driver's licence test at the very first go. My passion for cars and the love for driving were probably the supporting factors.

It all seemed so colourful.  I had a job, was living with family and picked up my licence, which again I was waiting to lay my hands on since the day I stepped into the UAE.

Things seemed to get even better when I drove my beauty off the parking lot just two weeks after getting my licence. That shiny blue colour, the scent of a new car and the proud feeling of being able to afford something like this were beyond words.

I was on cloud 9 and very strongly believed that my life was at its level best.

I joined a gym, went into total diet control and made every effort to live up to the moment.

Perhaps the guy watching from above had a completely different agenda.

Its been roughly 9 months within which all these wonderful events took place.

Today, I seem to have come face to face with the word 'Deja Vu'. Words like ' good things come in small packages' and 'live in the moment' seem to make greater sense to me.

I have lost my job, am back to being broke and to top things off, have a liability to take care of.

My saviour, my brother, seems to be losing it slowly after seeing me kinda dig my own grave.

I had barely set my foot in when I got so engrossed at the wonderful events happening around me that I lost sight of what might be.

In spite of this misery, I somehow do not seem to be very surprised. Its almost like I saw this coming.

Its like a sign from above that say's : Don't over-do it!

I hope that this little pitfall is for something better to come.

Perhaps I will come out of it stronger, and better prepared for the next challenge that life has to offer.

Whatever the case, no matter what the situation and definitely no matter what the consequences, my reply to life will remain the same: "BRING IT ON!"






7 comments:

  1. Nice! It is a tale of struggle which is brimming with optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive attitude! I'm sure you'll come back stronger each time you fall! Stay the same always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read.. Remember this.. to reach somewhere, you have to leave from somewhere first ;) take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brutally honest and worth reading- you could in all probability contribute a few chapters to those self help books ;) could relate to some of the points...cheers to your spirit and attitude & remember "Nothing Lasts Forever" so all the best!!

    ReplyDelete